Sunday, May 30, 2010

About the Founder

Information about Magnuz Binder, the founder of the BDSM Institute

I, Magnuz Binder, am the founder of the BDSM Institute and have been interested in BDSM for some 40 years, practicing it for more than 30 years.

Having been a scientist and teacher for almost 20 years, compiling, structuring, processing, condensing and presenting information is a natural part of my life.

I produced my first informational website about BDSM in 1995, having continued spreading information since, with the web as an important medium.

For 7 years, I built and managed what became the largest BDSM community in Sweden, with chat, web play, information, stories and images, arranging meetings and parties.

I entered Second Life in 2007, working with producing both BDSM material and interactive aids for teaching and science.

Originally Second Life was just a tool for creating the items I wanted, but with time I have come to appreciate its social and sexual dimensions too.

I am the same personality in Second Life as else, and it is not a "second life" to me, just an extension of my first, one and only life.

I am not role-playing in Second Life, but am just being myself, even if I may need to adapt some to the tools available, e.g. emoting and virtual toys.

I am a heterosexual, dominant male, born 1964 in Stockholm, the capital of Sweden, living and working there since.

My main interests in BDSM are bondage (Shibari style and breast bondage), discipline (gags, whips, clamps and plugs), dominance, (instructions and sexual control), and some humiliation.

Much of what I enjoy in BDSM depends on my partner, however. If she doesn't find pleasure in what we are doing, neither do I.

I may be experienced in BDSM in technical terms, but otherwise every new relationship puts me back on square one, like any other beginner.

Apart from BDSM, I'm interested in humans, programming, 3D, web design, photography, astronomy, chemistry, history, mythology, music, dance and martial arts, to mention some of my main interests.

As part of my mid-life crisis, I changed my career from science and teaching to IT development a few years back, giving me the challenge I needed after having reached the peak at my former job.

Major characteristics (which most people knowing me well seem to agree on): intelligent, analytical, structured, empathic, social (their opinion, not mine!), patient, fun, babbling, too much.

Major weaknesses: Asperger (light), poor self-confidence (which few seem to agree on), do not handle long-time stress well (hit the wall once and been close two times more).

No comments:

Post a Comment